Fabrics - by Me!

>> Thursday, August 11, 2011

So I'm trying my hand at making my own fabrics. Painting, printing, stamping, drawing, etc. Just to try it out. I make my own backgrounds for my bags and totes, but actually having a stash of ready made fabrics to choose from, and embellish more if it needs it? That's what I'm trying to do.

I really want to take Alisa Burke's new online class (Beneath the Surface)- but it will have to wait. So for right now, I will draw inspiration from her, and do my own thing. However, I encourage you to try her classes. I love her teaching style.

So far, I've done a few. Just small samples. Nothing big. I have no idea how Alisa Burke does big pieces, they must take her forever. But if you do it for a long time, you get faster eventually, right? Right? Hopefully :)

These are just painted ones on 7 oz cotton canvas. Some of it primed already, but I usually paint on raw canvas. I'll probably make small pouches, or make a mash-up for a pillow cover. Will see how it goes.

Here they are! Enjoy!


Ink Swirls Green & Gold Swirls Bronze Paisley

1 comments:

Love August 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

lovely designs... all of them... they must take u ages... it surely is something i wud take years and not get it... so wont even go there... but if this had been easier for me to try i surely wanted to do it...

but to do them on bigger pieces.. i am sure will be a hard nut top crack...Good luck! and great work!

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP