Inchie Pendants

>> Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inchie Pendants by Lagaz Designs My first post of the New Year! WOW! Happy 2010 everyone :)

I wanted to show off my Inchie Pendants that I have made for a Pendant Swap on illustratedATCs.com. I was trying to figure out how to incorporate my artwork into a pendant without having to go the route of putting it on scrabble tiles or dominoes. I wanted something different, something that was more ME!

That's when I thought of making little frames and stitching inchies to them. Initially, I was going to cover the completed inchie in tape or some sort of lamination, but I decided on using a dimensional gloss over top of it. Doing so, made the artwork look like glass tiles! Awesome!

Each pendant is constructed of handmade sterling silver frames, and the artwork is stitched with fine gauge sterling silver wire. Dimensional glaze is coated on both sides to give a glass-like look, while protecting the miniature artwork. The pendants have some added danglies for some more bling, in the form of Stardust beads, Swarovski Crystals, Cubic Zirconia headpins and some Citrine Rounds.

I'll be sad to see these little guys go, but I will definitely be making some more! Enjoy!

1 comments:

EraserQueen January 22, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

These are gorgeous Melissa! LOL, I should have joined that swap :D

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP