New Mural Designs

>> Sunday, October 26, 2008

Earlier I posted that I was making a new mural at work (school), and that I had my Grade 9 students helping me out. It's been a long wait for our paint and materials, but we finally got them on Thursday and we've put on the first coat of primer. YAY!!! My students were so happy that they were able to paint. Now hopefully everything goes according to plan.

The mural is based on the Seven Sacred Teachings once again, but it will be inspired from the NorthWest Coast artforms.

Mural Concept

Each colored panel will represent one of the Sacred Seven animals, and I used colors that are common in most tribal cultures. In each colored panel, is a "window" where the corresponding animal design will be placed. It will be a fairly simple looking design, but I didn't want to detract from the complexity of the Northwest Coast forms.

I'll leave you to look at some of the animal designs that I have so far: Buffalo, Eagle, Bear and Beaver. I still have yet to do: Wolf, Turtle and Sabe. I'll post those when I am done them. Enjoy!

Buffalo TotemEagle Totem
Bear TotemBeaver Totem

1 comments:

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

I've left comments on these STUNNING animal designs in the AFA gallery. Honestly, I can not get them out of my mind. I would love prints of any and all of them...they are remarkable. (this comes from nuttynanner thenuttynanner AT yah oo DOT com.)

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP