Hearts are for Healing, Remembering and to Inspire

>> Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Split Heart Ring - Side Split Heart Ring - Front "Split Heart Ring"
by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir).
July 2008.
Hand-crafted ring, wrapped entirely in Sterling Silver wire. Tiny Hill Tribe beads surround each heart half, which is then filled in with 3mm Swarovski Crystal bicones, for a sparkling finish.



I made a new piece of jewelry, that has been in the works forever. It's a very special ring for a good friend from
iATCs.com.

ANg requested a ring from me a looong time ago, but with me being sick, super busy, broke and what have you I finally finished it. ANg wanted a broken heart ring, as a remeberance for her and her baby, so the closest I came to was a Split Heart ring.

Here is my initial drawing plan (you'll probably need to click on it):

DrawingI really struggled putting it together. This is one of the instances where theory is so much easier than the practical. Initially the heart halves were going to be smaller, but they got lost against the wire weaving, so I made them bigger, and put more Swarovski crystals in. It really makes a statement now! It's adjustable to a point, so it can be a bit bigger when you need it.

I enjoyed making this ring for ANg. She really gave me a challenge to do something this special for her. I thought alot about her and what this ring would mean while I was making it. So it has a part of me in it, but lots of ANg too! She also inspired me to make a whole heart ring, which I hope to make very soon.

For those of us who need healing, remembering or inspiration, whether it be from ours or someone else's, that's what our hearts are for.

5 comments:

Chatty July 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

Oh my this is so beautiful and a little sad too. How thoughtful and kind of you. Very nice!

altermyworld July 16, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Reading your post made me realize again how intertwined we all are. I am so excited about my ring, i am honoured that my story, my Andrew touched you to make a whole heart ring. I am just humbled beyond belief and feel so lucky to have an original by you.
Thank you, Melissa .

I have your ROLO just about done. I hope you like her, i do. :) It should be in the mail within the week along with payment for my lovely ring.
Hugs,
ANg

monarch October 27, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Oh...I love this ring!!!!!

Mixing-Katie October 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

This is beautiful! It's great to see jewelry with such meaning in it.

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Oh...I love this!!!!!!
monarchcrazy@yahoo.com

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP