More Totems

>> Thursday, January 3, 2008

Raven in Flight Totem"Raven in Flight Totem" by Melissa Muir (Lagaz) December 2007

Both of these ATCs were made for a member on ATCards. Her name is Maryellen and she wanted to have cards that represented her spiritual guides.




Jaguar Totem"Jaguar Totem" by Melissa Muir (Lagaz) December 2007.

These particular ones took a long time to make, especially the Jaguar. He didn't want to be made too easily. I'm still enjoying the Northwest Coast style of art, and it's still hard to do, but I feel very proud of what I do accomplish. Maryellen is now enjoying her cards, and I hope that they bring focus and joy into her life.

I love how these cards are so powerful in thier simple shapes, and putting the shapes together creates a wonderful complexity for the individual animal and recipient. So far, each one of these Totem cards have been made for a specific person or purpose. Maybe that's why they take me so long. I have to find the right shape/vibe/reason to do these. I put alot of myself into my work, whether it be my artwork or my jewelry. So every piece that's out there is a little of me too.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

I love totems! Being Native American Indian, I guess they speak to me from afar. Neat tiger!

~stillatthetop

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP