Turquoise!! Updated!

>> Sunday, August 19, 2007

Turquoise Silver Weave Ring"Turquoise Silver Weave Ring" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) August 2007.

A Turquoise bead, set upon a sterling silver oval bezel. Wrapped securely onto a silver wrapped ring shank that sparkles.

I made another ring today. For my twin sister, Jacquie. I had just bought some turquoise beads the other day, and they were the perfect shape to make rings! They are really pretty looking, and smooth. The beads are towards the green end of the spectrum, but I like them better that way.

I wasn't sure how to set this bead, as it is oval shaped, and the hole is drilled length-wise. I would have preferred width-wise, but you have to work with what you got, right? Jacquie wanted the bead to sit a little higher, and was thinking of a nested bezel of sorts. She didn't want it messy looking though. I suggested making a oval ring bezel that sits underneath, that way it gives it the height she wants, and it would also solve my dilemma about how to attach it to the ring shank. She thought that was a good idea. Turquoise Ring Back

I really liked the style of Pippi's ring, and wanted to do something similar, but I figured something a little more simple looking would be good for Jacquie. Since she does her nails quite often in bold colors and whatnot, they would compete with each other.

It looks really nice, although I could have wrapped it tighter I think. Jacquie loves it, and it suits her hand very well. Now I have to get a move on with my other rings that are waiting to be made!

Light Turquoise Silver Weave Ring"Light Turquoise Silver Weave Ring" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) August 2007.

UPDATE! I made myself a turquoise ring. This one is lighter in hue, has a tigher wrap, and I added some hilltribe silver beads around to accent the bezel. It has a kind of raw look to it, because the tiny beads look a bit haphazard, but I like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous August 20, 2007 at 9:12 AM  

This ring is beautiful Melissa!

Love Mom

Maz Simpson September 6, 2007 at 7:09 AM  

I love your rings Melissa, just gorgeous!
It was great playing with the PMC - you must have a go! It took me a while to pluck up courage too. I used a torch for firing, it was much easier than I thought it would be!
Maz x

Anam January 28, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

I like the Turquoise Silver Weave Ring but if I were ordering it I'd want it to be set turned the other way. Does that make sense?

Melissa M (Lagaz) January 28, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Anam - it could be set the other way; horizontal instead of vertical. I just did it vertical because it looks the best that way on my hand.

I tried clicking on your profile to send you an e-mail, but there wasn't one. Hopefully you come back to check this out :)

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP