On a Ruby kick...

>> Friday, August 3, 2007

Ruby & Garnet Marquis Earrings"Ruby & Garnet Marquis" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) June 2007

Sterling silver hammered wire frame, wrapped & crisscrossed with thin gauge wire. Ruby and Garnet rondelles accompanied by Stardust beads complete the look.

At the end of June, I was asked, by my friend Sandra, if I could make three pairs of earrings as graduation/birthday presents, for her nieces and daughter. And if it was possible to have their birthstones [Rubies] incorporated into them. Of course!! I had just ordered a couple strands of rubies for another project I was going to work on, but I knew I would have lots left over.

Ruby & Amethyst Swings Earrings"Ruby & Amethyst Swings" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) June 2007

Sterling silver hammered "D" frames, coiled and woven with thin gauge sterling wire. Ruby and Amethyst rondelles, along with Crystal Swarovskis are threaded upon Cubic Zirconia headpins. A fine Sterling silver chain suspends them into the air.

Ruby & Aquamarine Circles EarringsRuby & Aquamarine Circles" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) June 2007

Sterling silver hammered circle frames coiled and woven with thin gauge sterling wire. Smooth Ruby and Aquamarine rondelles, twined with Stardust beads complete the look.

[These were given to my friend Cathy G. on her 40th birthday!]

Cherry Circles EarringsCherry Circles" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) June/July 2007

Sterling silver hammered wire circles completely wrapped in thin gauge sterling. Adorned with "cherries", Peridot teardrops, and smooth Ruby rondelles. Tiny Hilltribe silver adds a sparkly touch.

I was going to give the Ruby & Aquamarine Circles to Sandra for her daughter, but I didn't think it would be an appropriate look for a younger person. So I made up these. They are fun, and sparkly, and even my own daughter liked them! (Sandra's daughter received these, and she really liked them because they even had her favourite colour - green!)

Ruby Danglies EarringsRuby Danglies" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) July 2007

Sterling silver loops, anchored onto each other. Hanging within are smooth Ruby rondelles, and Stardust beads threaded onto sterling CZ headpins.

I had some leftovers from some designs I was trying to make, that didn't work out. So I took the scraps and made these! They're cute little things. But they still got some BLING! to them.

Everyone was happy with their presents, and I hope I can make more orders for people in the future. Don't worry, there's more to come!

0 comments:

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP