I've finally tried making some Rings!!

>> Thursday, August 9, 2007

Amethyst Sterling Wire Wrapped Ring"Amethyst Weave Ring" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) Done July 2007.

Handmade sterling silver ring, with a thin wire weave throughout the shank. A genuine 26 carat Octagonal Checkerboard cut Amethyst sits atop this sparkling piece.

I've been wanting to make some rings for a long time. Unfortunately, I haven't got a proper ring mandrel. I do, however, have some gemstones, that are just begging to be made into some flashy jewelry. I did the Amethyst Weave ring as an experiment, and I just used things at home to shape the ring shank. It turned out pretty good as a my first official ring. I did make a prototype with craft wire to see how I would be able to set the gemstone. The initial prongs that I made, just weren't holding the stone securely, so I had to make like loops to capture the corners. Now the amethyst sits very secure atop its new home.

It makes a big statement, and this ring is not for the faint of heart. This ring deserves the attention that it will generate.

Silver Weave Pearl Ring
"Silver Weave Pearl Ring" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) Done July 2007.

Sterling silver ring, with delicate wire woven around this handmade ring shank. A smooth Freshwater Pearl bead is the perfect complement to set off this creation.

This is my second ring, which turned out beautifully! I just love it! I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but I love pearls. They are always so classic, and go with anything. The wrapping on this ring, I am really proud of. It is very smooth, and brings a delicate feel to the piece. Definitely my favourite so far!

As I get better with making jewelry, I want to be able to expand my hobby. Each piece I make brings me closer to my goal, which I hope to meet soon!

5 comments:

Maz Simpson August 16, 2007 at 2:38 PM  

I love these rings Melissa! I love pearls too, and the amethyst is just gorgeous. They're the one thing I haven't had a go at yet - I really must be brave and try! :)

PurpleRealm July 29, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Oh my goodness! Your rings are just stunning! Amazing and truly beautiful! And Im impressed you did it without a ring mandrel! You go girl..... Im just IN LOVE with the amethyst ring.... my favourite stone.

BTW its PurpleRealm from Illustrated here! :)

Anonymous July 31, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

Great amethyst ring. I love love love rings! This one is so cool! It's really neat that you can make such interesting jewelry. You're very creative.

By the way...I'm Crystal Star
Email: iceprincess742 AT aol DOT com

Anonymous October 31, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

You know i still lovveee that amethyst ring, but the pearl one is a beauty too!!

Tara
Email- tloutit AT hotmail DOT com

Lynn November 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

how do you go about purchasing this ring?

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP