I love giving my friends some BLING!

>> Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Freeform Pendant "Freeform Pendant" - Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) April 2007

Sterling silver hammer wire frame, wrapped in 26 gauge sterling silver wire are Swarovski crystals, surrounding a 8mm white Freshwater Pearl and Silver Stardust beads.

This pendant was a gift for my friend Lindsay, for her birthday. I think she's very free-spirited, and this freeform shape really suits her. She definitely loves it, as she wears it often!

Love ya, Linds!
Mosaic Circle Pin

"Mosaic Circle Pin" - Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) May 2007

Sterling silver hammered wire frame, wrapped in thin gauge sterling wire. All about the center of the pin are several gemstones: Citrine, Amethyst, Freshwater Pearl, Jade, Aventurine, Rose Quartz, along with Swarovski crystals and Stardust beads. Pin structure on the back also handmade. This piece is influenced by Eni Oken.

This was for my friend, Edda. She's like my second Mom, and has been there for me so many times. She understands what I have gone through, as she has been there before and helps me to deal with my issues. I love her very much. Thank you!

Geometric Weave "Geometric Weave" - by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) May 2007

Sterling silver hammered wire frames, delicately woven with thin gauge wire on the bottom, creating a basket-like effect. Suspended in the middle are an Emerald Swarovski crystal bead, Peridot, Aquamarine, Citrine and faceted silver beads anchor the ends.

My friend, Jodi, received these as her birthday gift this year. She looks so much like us (My twin sister, Jacquie and I), that it is kind of freaky. So she is our "third twin". Jodi has a lot of creativity, and uses this ability to organize drama productions at our school. These earrings are very dramatic and glamorous, so these suited her to a "T".
Mosaic Marquis Pendant
"Mosaic Marquis Pendant" - by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) May 2007

Sterling silver hammered wire frame, with natural gemstones intricately wrapped within the frame. Dark green Peridot, Jade, Aventurine, Smoky Quartz, Coconut wood beads, resin beads, Swarovski crystals, Stardust beads, and faceted silver beads attached with thin gauge sterling wire. Inspired by Eni Oken.

I love the look of the Mosaics! Such a jumble of texture and colour, it's always interesting what you can find inside of them. My friend, Michelle, received this one for her birthday. She loves the colour Red, but unfortunately I did not have any beads available. So I made it in the opposite colour, Green. It has a very natural and soft look, which is what type of personality Michelle conveys to me. She is not a pushover! But has such a sweet, genuine nature about her, its hard not to smile!

I have many other pieces of jewelry that I have made and given as gifts. Alas, I didn't know how to take decent pictures then, so they are not documented. I hope in the future I will be able to! Shout outs to my previous gift recipients: Darla, Juanita, Kathleen, Bonnie and Aisha! I love you all!

3 comments:

Maz Simpson August 1, 2007 at 6:02 AM  

I love the freeform pendant - very unusual!

@nnette [ATCsForAll] October 30, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

I'm loving that freeform pendant!

Michelle November 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

I never saw this page before, what a nice comment you wrote about me. Thanks! I love this piece. Every time I wear it, I look at it in amazement at the detail in the work you do :) It's beautiful!
Michelle

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP