A gift for my Mom...

>> Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ruby Netted Pearl Pendant "Ruby Netted Pearl Pendant" by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir). Done July 2007

Sterling silver wire frame, wrapped in thin gauge sterling wire. Faceted Ruby rondelles, and faceted sterling beads are caught up in a silver web, along with a single freshwater pearl.

I've been wanting to make something for my Mom for a long time. But wasn't sure what I could make. I was thinking earrings, but she likes small ones, and I'm still working on my technique for those. So I decided to make her a pendant for her birthday. I used the rubies that I ordered for this project, that are used in my earring projects previously.

This turned out really great. It's not a huge pendant, but big enough to be noticed. I used the netting technique that I learned from Eni Oken's tutorials. Thanks Eni! It has a dreamcatcher effect which I really like, and which I think is very appropriate. It looks simple, but it's hard to keep the wire from kinking. Definitely need practice!

This piece reminds me of my family; my Mom is at the centre, with her family all around her. The silver web is the ties that we have with each other, and that's how we stick together. I love you, Mom!

0 comments:

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP