Find things that Inspire you!

>> Wednesday, August 1, 2007

PrototypeI surf the web a lot. Probably too much for my own good. But I do find lots of inspiration to make my paintings and jewelry.

I was surfin' around on iStockphoto, and found this picture. It's a nautilus shell, and I loved the symmetry that it showed. I wanted to see if I could make something like that into a piece of jewelry. So I fiddled around, and this was my prototype. I think it turned out pretty good. I made it out of cheap wire and "e" beads, and a fake pearl. So I put it away until I could get some fine sterling silver wire.

The next month, when it seemed it was everyone's birthday, I found out that one of the secretaries at our school just celebrated a birthday. Now, I didn't know it was Janet's birthday. I've know her for years, but for some reason I thought her birthday was in the fall. Some friend I was. Well I rectified that pretty quick.

Nautilus Pendant"Nautilus Pendant" -by Lagaz Designs (Melissa Muir) June 2007
Sterling silver wire, with a freshwater pearl, peridot, aquamarine, and faceted silver beads suspended within.

I happened to get my thin gauge wire and whipped up the sterling silver version. Janet loved it! She has always admired my creations and I wanted to give something special to her. The pearl in the centre reflects her pure heart as she always puts herself before others. Take care of yourself, Janet. Love you!

2 comments:

Robyn July 29, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Your jewelry is breathtaking!

I love how your designs are so original. The Nautilus pendant is probably my favorite (I love sacred spirals) even in the "cheapy" materials...it looks lovely!

Thanks for sharing your creations and blog with us!

chronata AT juno DOT com

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

I'm loving these nautilus pendants...FABULOUS!

There is also a ring photo gallery (it was near the end of the photos...like #28 and #29...red/blue stone and the next shot showed the backside...photo taken beside a white lily)...that ring is a DREAM. I want I WANT!

Thanks for sharing. I think I know where to point my hub at holidaytime!

nancy (the nuttynanner AT yahoo DOT com)

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP