Crosshatching Technique -> Updated

>> Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bollywood Bride"Bollywood Bride" by Melissa Muir (Lagaz).Hand-drawn, then colorized in Photoshop. August 2007. Photoreferenced from ©iStockphoto.com/Atomicsparkle

So I've done some more ATCs. Only three of them though. I decided to try my hand at crosshatching. I've never done it before, and had no idea where to start. I figured if I used a photo-reference, and shifted it to gray-scale, it would give me a better idea as to where the values are. So that's what I did with these pictures. It was really hard. "Bollywood Bride" was my first one. I had to make them bigger than the standard ATC size, so that I could get the detail that I wanted. I think they turned out pretty good, for my first tries.

I wanted to add some colour to them, but I didn't want to screw them up. So I just coloured parts of them. I think it really gives them more pop and showcases my crosshatching =).Serenity

"Serenity" by Melissa Muir (Lagaz). Hand-drawn, then colorized in Photoshop. August 2007. Photoreferenced from ©iStockphoto.com/neoblues


This image I really like. She is so pretty and I love lilies! I like how her lips and the flower are accentuated with the color. It gives it a "soft" feel, especially with the colours that I had chosen.

Sailor Pin-up Girl"Sailor Pin-Up Girl" by Melissa Muir (Lagaz).Hand-drawn, then colorized in Photoshop. August 2007. Photoreferenced from ©iStockphoto.com/Alvarez


I love the look of pin-up girls. So sexy, yet have that air of innocence. My sailor girl is really cute. I had real trouble with her hair though, but it turned out okay. Her coloured flower gives it a playful punch.

All these images I referenced, I got from iStockPhoto.com. They have beautiful pictures there, check it out!

UPDATED!

Bellydancer in Red"Bellydancer in Red" by Melissa Muir (Lagaz). Hand-drawn, then colorized in Photoshop. August 2007. Photoreferenced from iStockphoto.com/Cglow

Here's my latest one. This one was harder to do, as there was a lot of shadows and detail going on. I love the flaring skirt, it is so pretty!

So much art, so little time!

0 comments:

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP