My beginning pieces...

>> Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Freshwater Pearl Herringbone Set These sets are my very first ones I had ever made! They turned out great, and are now part of some one else's life. They were part of a silent auction for "Kids Fishin' for a Cure" social, part of the Cancer Care Manitoba Foundation. We have this event every year, and it is always a great success!

This first one is my Freshwater Pearl Herringbone set. Made with 8mm White freshwater pearls, 4mm Swarovskis in Crystal, 3mm Sterling silver Stardust beads, and 24 guage Sterling Silver wire, with Cubic Zirconia headpins. It turned out beautiful! It has received many compliments. I love the pearl and silver look. The wrap around the pearls is called "herringbone", hence the namHarem Sete. I learned this technique from Eni Oken's site. She has a number of tutorials that you can drool over!

This one is called my Harem set. It has a bit if the exotic vibe going on. I used a pattern from Artistic Wire, but modified it because I didn't like the sqiggly thing on it. Then I made earrings to match. It came out very well!
Made with 22 gauge Sterling silver wire, 3mm Sterling silver Stardust beads, Turquoise chips, wood heishi beads, and Coconut round beads.

Whoever's got them I hope they enjoy them!


1 comments:

@nnette October 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

I simply love those pearls!

Artist Trading Cards

ATCsforALL IllustratedATCs Art Trader Magazine

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP